AcuTech is the leading firm for inherently safer technology (IST) support to industry and government.
- Strategic Planning
- IST Reviews
- Integration into existing security and safety assessment methods
- Assessments of technology options
- Overview of IST
- IST Assessment Methodologies and Procedures
- Custom-designed courses for your needs
Inherently Safer Technology (IST) can enhance overall chemical safety and security risk management programs. This concept has advanced significantly over the last 10 years. In comparison to other risk management strategies, IST can sometimes provide significant advantages through simpler and less costly alternatives.
AcuTech is the recognized market leader in providing IST consulting and training services to industry and government. We are in the forefront of applying IST for safety and security assessments and IST management systems with practical, effective and resource conscious recommendations. We conduct inherently safer technology reviews and provide advice to clients on how to minimize, substitute, moderate or simplify their processes and practices to make them inherently safer.
While IST does not negate all risks, it aims to reduce hazards, thereby increasing overall safety. Our experienced consulting team advises that IST concepts should be analyzed at regular intervals during the process life cycle, at project milestones and in daily decision making.
Although our scope of services include regulatory compliance with federal, state and local requirements, AcuTech goes beyond to deliver advanced services that meet the higher level of safety and security called for in a changing world. AcuTech bring project management skills with a personalized, responsive business style. We emphasize on-time, cost-effective performance, provided by professionals experienced in achieving these goals.
- AcuTech was lead author of the Center for Chemical Process Safety book, “Inherently Safer Chemical Processes, A Life Cycle Approach.”
- AcuTech’s President & CEO David Moore, testified before the US Senate Environment and Public Works Committee on IST for chemical security
- We provide support for companies covered by the Contra Costa County Industrial Safety Ordinance and the New Jersey Toxic Catastrophe Prevention Act (TCPA).